Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 1020 Win 10 - not recognising replacement sim

Options
  • 17-05-2016 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭

Anyone any ideas on fixing this issue?

to try and get better reception, Three recommended I change the sim on my phone and now the phone is not recognising the replacement sim.

Windows 10.0.10586.318 - the upgrade to .318 was last week, before i swapped sims.

the sim card is working in a lumia 820 that has windows 10.0.10586.107

will a hard reset fix it I wonder?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you put the old sim back in and try it?

If you were having trouble it may be a hardware issue that a hard rest wouldn't fix, before going down that road I would get a different sim card

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

don't have the old sim - and it has been deactivated anyway. I'm on a second 3 sim.

I also tried an eir sim that worked on Monday in that I could see I was getting coverage. took it out yesterday to try the 2nd 3 sim. just tried it there and it doesn't work now either.

just about to do a hard reset - which needed to be done anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Did you have a sim Adapter in it at any stage that would have damaged the contacts?

no - no sim adapter - it hasn't been opened in years but opened and closed a good few times since saturday.

from ltd research, it is something that has happened to otherrs...

no visible signs of damage on the sim card holder.

hard reset didn't work...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭markest

Have you tried:

http://techbeasts.com/how-to-reset-nokia-lumia-1020-if-it-becomes-unresponsive/

Worked for me after an update bricked my 1020 last year. Don't remember taking SIM out though.

markest wrote: »
    Have you tried:

http://techbeasts.com/how-to-reset-nokia-lumia-1020-if-it-becomes-unresponsive/

Worked for me after an update bricked my 1020 last year. Don't remember taking SIM out though.

that method just looks like another version of pressing the reset button?

bollocks. repair centre says sim card reader is broken and is "beyond economic repair" - might contact Microsoft directly and see if there's anything that can be done

Advertisement