Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolmen Insurance clarification

Options
  • 17-05-2016 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

This might seem like a silly query, but I was reading my Dolmen policy booklet for our campervan last night to check what we are covered for abroad. My understanding is that this is a fully comprehensive policy. I understood that if I was in a crash abroad with another vehicle and it was considered my fault, both of us would be able to claim off of my policy for damages to both vehicles. But when I was reading the booklet, I came across in the “Third parties section” on page eleven of the booklet this exception “The company does not cover damage to any camper being driven by a person insured”. I did ring Dolmen up, but the lady whilst helpful could not explain this to me and said she would have to ring me back (which she hasn’t). Can any of you shed any light on this?

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

enola79 wrote: »
    This might seem like a silly query, but I was reading my Dolmen policy booklet for our campervan last night to check what we are covered for abroad. My understanding is that this is a fully comprehensive policy. I understood that if I was in a crash abroad with another vehicle and it was considered my fault, both of us would be able to claim off of my policy for damages to both vehicles. But when I was reading the booklet, I came across in the “Third parties section” on page eleven of the booklet this exception “The company does not cover damage to any camper being driven by a person insured”. I did ring Dolmen up, but the lady whilst helpful could not explain this to me and said she would have to ring me back (which she hasn’t). Can any of you shed any light on this?

Thanks a million.

Well spotted, I'm guessing its supposed to read 'a person uninsured' or 'damage to any other camper being driven or used by the person insured'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Some car policies allow you to drive a car third party that is not your's once it is insured and taxed/tested. Called "driving other cars"

I think that this is Dolomen's way of saying the opposite, the only camper you are covered to drive is your own, there is no "driving other campers"

Advertisement