Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bamboo plants not doing well.

Options
  • 17-05-2016 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Bought two potted seven foot tall bamboo plants 3 weeks ago. I re-potted them into larger pots and put them into the ground. Plenty of water and there's been plenty of sun the last few weeks.

But they're not doing well at all. Allot of leaves yellowing and am getting really concerned.

Any advice? Bloody things cost me €130!

Thanks a million,
    Quad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,297 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Don't worry, they get very annoyed at being moved, and promptly die. Just leave them, keep watering them and eventually they will send up new growth. You can cut off the existing growth if it looks scruffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

Apply some bonemeal to encourage new shoots .they do like plenty of water but not to be sitting in water.a high nitrogen fertiliser at the start of the growing season once is what i was told and then some regular maybe small handful of chicken manure feed once a month during growing season.also most types dont like exposed or windy sites they dry out.mine do drop some leaves but if kept watered shouldnt be too much.their hardy enough so wouldnt worry too much

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Bought two potted seven foot tall bamboo plants 3 weeks ago. I re-potted them into larger pots and put them into the ground. Plenty of water and there's been plenty of sun the last few weeks.

But they're not doing well at all. Allot of leaves yellowing and am getting really concerned.

Any advice? Bloody things cost me €130!

Thanks a million,
    Quad

Apply some bonemeal to encourage new shoots .they do like plenty of water but not to be sitting in water.a high nitrogen fertiliser at the start of the growing season once is what i was told and then some regular maybe small handful of chicken manure feed once a month during growing season.also most types dont like exposed or windy sites they dry out.mine do drop some leaves but if kept watered shouldnt be too much.their hardy enough so wouldnt worry too much

Advertisement