Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I paint damaged frames I just bought?

Options
  • 17-05-2016 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I ordered five deep box picture frames for my crafts and I am not very happy with them. Out of respect I am not going to name the company I ordered them from They are white but there is marks on all of them. Now they were about 5 euro which is fairly good. I have looked at ones on Ikea but they are not the right size i.e if I remove the mount the size is too big for A4 paper and my printer won't take any larger. The frames I bought are the perfect size. Anyways the frames state that they are a wood surface suitable for painting so I am considering painting them. Though I don't know if I need to sand them down or do I need to buy specific paint? Am I wasting my time and money as I am hoping to sell a lot of my crafts in the future which means buying even more frames? Should I just return them all and look else where? If so I would appreciate if someone could tell me where I can purchase ones no bigger than A4.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,203 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you buy frames 'suitable for painting' then its a pretty good bet that they will need to be painted. What kind of white surface is it? Does it look like wood with a covering of more or less white paint? In which case they probably have been primed and will just need a finishing coat. If they look plastic-y then they are not what you thought you were buying and are probably not suitable for painting.

What you paint them with depends on the effect you are looking for. If there are rough bits or if the surface does not feel really smooth to your fingers then sand them gently with fine sandpaper. You could then paint them with gloss or matt paint, or even acrylics or emulsion type paint. Emulsion can look nice but it marks easily.

Advertisement