Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car rental carlow

Options
  • 17-05-2016 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

I am looking to rent a car for Sundays communion and my little panda is a bit small. If try to fit my folks, my kids and my wife and i in to the car we will look like one of them circus acts where they fill the car with clowns.

I am about 18 months in to my N, But been driving longer.

I have full insurance fully comp from my insurer

im going to be driving 5/6 people around on Sunday so need something appropriate

How is it done? will i need to pay any extra other then the daily rental? what is the norm for daily rental? what if there is a bump? etc etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I hired a a6 from sheey motors in naas for the weekend of our wedding. Cost 170 for 4 days. That was 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I've used europcar in portlaoise.

You'll have to take the hire for the weekend though you won't be able to hire in for Sun only.

I used the above as you don't require a credit card for a holding deposit. I think you pay a refundable deposit of €250

If you intend on using your own insurance (which I wouldn't recommend) be sure to check over the car thoroughly before you sign the inspection sheet.

Also if you're under 25 I don't think they'll hire you a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I used the crew in kilkenny there just as you are going in think it was enterprise car rental. No complaints and easy to deal with no idea of price as was done through insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

racso1975 wrote: »
    I used the crew in kilkenny there just as you are going in think it was enterprise car rental. No complaints and easy to deal with no idea of price as was done through insurance

Just an FYI Enterprise require a credit card swipe they won't accept debit cards.

Good company to deal with though

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

I am driving an 7 seater Zafira from Enterprise Kilkenny I got yesterday after my own car limped into Bolands. The are a lovely bunch down in Kilkenny. Have dealt with them a couple of times and service is always top notch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement