Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime

Options
  • 16-05-2016 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Get a yearly membership to Amazon Prime for just £59 instead of usual £79 until tonight, presumably midnight.

Might be worth it for prime music, TV and shows if you can use a VPN with it and/or handy for those with Fire TV's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Sorry to dig up an old-ish thread, but I just signed up for the 1 month free prime trial and it looks like Prime Video works for me with no VPN.
    Can anybody else verify this ? I had though you needed a VPN to make Amazon think you are in the Uk....

If so - Prime is not a bad deal if you're already Netflix as you could cancel Netflix and use Prime Video and get faster shipping and exclusives....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Any link for this?

EDIT - old thread?. Mods can we delete / close?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Sorry to dig up an old-ish thread, but I just signed up for the 1 month free prime trial and it looks like Prime Video works for me with no VPN.
    Can anybody else verify this ? I had though you needed a VPN to make Amazon think you are in the Uk....

If so - Prime is not a bad deal if you're already Netflix as you could cancel Netflix and use Prime Video and get faster shipping and exclusives....

prime music works here alright.

but i needed a vpn to watch prime video

"This video isn't available due to geographical licensing restrictions. For more details, please refer to Amazon Video Terms of Use. For further assistance, please contact Amazon Customer Service at www.amazon.co.uk/videohelp and refer to error 4601.Close Player"

Weird - just plays for me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭Nollog

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Weird - just plays for me....

Which ISP are you with?

Some Siro users had a few months with a UK IP a whole back I recall, and if UTV still so internet they used to allow UK content flow to you.

I have a question about amazon prime: hows the German version?
    It's a lot cheaper than the UK one.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Which ISP are you with?

Some Siro users had a few months with a UK IP a whole back I recall, and if UTV still so internet they used to allow UK content flow to you.

I have a question about amazon prime: hows the German version?
    It's a lot cheaper than the UK one.
    I'm with Eircom

Ahh....
    I had a look on my phone, to make sure it wasn't something to do with my laptop...
    There is a section that's called "TV to watch while abroad" - that's what I was streaming...
    Sorry :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement