Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Ministry of Defence Laptop

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What a cool yoke. I'd love to boot it up and see what the hell it has inside it.

The sellers reasons for buying were bonkers (made up I'd imagine).
    I am selling it because the primary school I want to send it to will not be able to use it. I will instead buy a simple rugged laptop for them. The school used to be supported by my late Uncle and my children and I are continuing that support. We have already shipped other items but this one was left behind for reasons explained above.

You'd buy two new low spec but adequate machines for the 500stg he supposedly paid for this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

considering it is from 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Skerries wrote: »
    considering it is from 2009

Just noticed that. He must have uploaded another pic.

My guess
    1-2gb ram
    2008 Core2duo or quad
    120gb hdd

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It says remote console so more likely a terminal client so roughly
    ZERO HDD,
    ZERO user accessible RAM and
    ZERO processing power.

If you are lucky it won't be a mono LCD CGA display

Advertisement