Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC help!

Options
  • 16-05-2016 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I am sitting my leaving cert in a few weeks and I already know that I will not meet the minimum requirements for my first choice on the CAO or get the points. I have applied for a Plc and have been secured a place for September. The Plc course offers an opportunity for me to progress into my first CAO choice considering I do well with the PLC exams. My question is, if I don't meet the minimum requirements in my leaving cert for my first choice on the CAO (eg higher level B English) does that mean the PLC course is pointless and my only choice is to repeat? I really do not want to have to repeat the leaving cert and I think I can do well in a Plc. Any help here will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

For courses that have links to PLC, there are a certain number of places reserved on the course for PLC students. Entry to the course for PLC students will be based on your PLC results, not your LC results. What course is it by the way? I'm a PLC Co-ordinator, so I might be able to explain it a bit better about the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 G1998

For courses that have links to PLC, there are a certain number of places reserved on the course for PLC students. Entry to the course for PLC students will be based on your PLC results, not your LC results. What course is it by the way? I'm a PLC Co-ordinator, so I might be able to explain it a bit better about the course.

Hi thank you for your reply that's really helpful. I've applied for a psychology Plc with the hope of progressing onto a third level course offered in National college of Ireland. I've applied for DARE with the CAO also but I just won't make the minuim requirements this time around. I'm happy to do the PLC I think it will be a very good starting point but my ultimate goal is defiantly progressing onto a third level course. Thank you.

Advertisement