Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNA course.. Please help!

Options
  • 16-05-2016 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys..

Just looking for some help and information on special needs assistant courses.. Just doing some research into them at the moment and I came across a post saying that you must do a teachers assistant course as well as the SNA course to become a special needs classroom assistant.

Is this correct or would completing just a SNA course on its own be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

As far as I know an SNA should be allocated to a child with physical need of help in the classroom...it is a Special Needs Assistant. It is to help the child with any physical needs they have that may hold them back form participating. A classroom assistant helps with teaching, it may be one child with special needs or a number of children so yes I imagine this would need a teaching course. Some people may well combine both roles.

Advertisement