Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car wash near Tallaght, any probs?

Options
  • 16-05-2016 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just wondering if anyone has had 'issues' using the pretty swanky car wash on Tallaght road near the Spawell?

I have several dents on my roof as a result of going there recently, no obvious problems when using the facility....but noticed several dents later on that evening.
    Car was perfect before the wash.....but obviously I cant prove that so just wondering if this post will receive any interesting feedback...

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is a wash with rolling brushes?
    Seems unlikely to dent your roof.

Were you inside the car? Did you hear anything odd?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 knowbody

Yes the wash had rolling brushes, and no i didnt notice any unusual noise while i was in it.

If i wasnt a car enthusiast i would assume the damage was there before the wash, but i am positive it wasnt.

There are dents over front and back screens (right in the middle) and also to either side of the roof. There are two ridge running width ways across the roof.....i think the brushes ran across roof struts and depressed before and after , this alone seems to prove to me that it was the automated carwash.

I called to the forecourt this morning and they say they reviewed the cctv and it showed nothing.....i probably dont have a leg to stand on in legal terms.....cant prove anything, but it happened there!

Damage is slight in visual terms, but any dealer will notice and reduce trade in value immediately!

First time using an auto wash in years, ironically because i didnt trust them!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ive used it a few times but only on herselfs car. Never had an issue with it what so ever tbh.

These things are nearly fool proof at this stage.

The only reason i wouldnt use it on my car as a car enthusiast is that you would want to be off your head to put your car through a brush wash because it mars the paint. Scrapping everyone elses dirt and bits of stone over your own paint.

Madness.

Car enthusiasts resist brush washes.

Advertisement