Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tue May 17th Benildus 8pm Vs The Reserves

Options
  • 16-05-2016 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

These are a good team although I haven't played them in a few years. If we bring the same form as last week though we should do well.

Craig - In
    Barry - In
    Kieran - In
    Ally - In

Guillermo - Injured
    John - In
    Ronan - In
    Darren - In

Paul - In
    Derek- In
    Ken - In
    Ste - In
    Damo - In
    Cillian - In
    Gianni - In
    New Paul - In

Player Count: 15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

2-2 draw. Could have won it at the end with 3 great chances to do so, but over all excellent performance.

Building nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Unlucky not to come away with 3 points there fellas. I'd say another couple of minutes and we'd have had them. Kieran and John were rock solid at the back, gave me very little to deal with in nets.

4 points out of our last 6, that's more like it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think the couple of late chances came about from the intensity and pressure put on their back four in the second half, they had no real out ball and there was great pressure put on, winning the ball back high up the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah decent result. We battered them in the second half and certainly could have won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

We passed the ball very well laterally. It's a big pitch and we took advantage of that by switching the ball from one side of the pitch to the other quickly and efficiently with simple passes. It stretched their defence and offered us openings. Definitely something we should try to continue doing going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kmcattack

Decent performance in the end. We panicked a bit when things didn't go our way in the first half but the second half was a huge improvement and we passed the ball around and used the space very well when they were tiring.

The subs definitely had a big impact too, almost as soon as someone came on you could see them getting on the ball and giving their defence something different to think about.

Advertisement