Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photinia (red robin) problem

Options
  • 16-05-2016 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all, I have a lovely red robin hedge planted 2 years. it has grown well in the first couple of years but about a month ago 7 of the 20 trees became really red and started to drying up. I have watering them well and I think they may have a disease which is spreading to the other red robins.

I don't know what to do next?? I was in the garden centre at the weekend and he suggested that I cut the infected trees in half and see will they come back again but I am reluctant in doing this.

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,233 ✭✭✭✭looksee

A photo would be helpful. Photinia isn't usually subject to disease, and certainly cutting it back would not harm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭paddy111199

As you can see from the pic it has become withered and very red and has spread to 6 or 7 of the trees.

Any ideas of how to rectify issue?

Advertisement