Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athens and the surrounding areas

Options
  • 16-05-2016 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭

Hi

Flying to Athens in Greece for a week in September but don t want to spend a whole week there.Want to stay a few days and then travel a bit but not too far away so that I can get back to Athens in enough time to get flight back. Interested in experiencing the culture , food and drink of the country and maybe go off the beaten track if possible. Don t want to sit on a beach for a few days but would not mind seeing some islands. Was looking at Met ora but it s a good bit away from Athens so could not be done in a day ??? I can do day trips to Delphi, Nafplio and the Temple of Poseidon but are they worth it as only so much ruins I would want to see.

So anyone have any recommendations on places to visit and stay. Hotels, Hostels, restaurants, Islands, towns etc on a mid range budget as don t want to go overboard.

All suggestions welcome

Advertisement