Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wall covering for camper.

Options
  • 16-05-2016 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭

Restoring a 90s Eura Mobil camper that has water damage inside. will have to renew a lot of the roof and some of the side wall.
    currently there's thin ply with a textured finish. does anyone know if this is available anywhere. doesn't have to be an exact match or anything.
    I looked on caravan parts sites and they seem to use vinyl paper backed wallpaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

There is a guy in Ennis on the Quin rd across
    From johnnos pub breaks campers . You could try him .

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thanks. where the skoda dealer was?
    I'm probably looking for new stuff as I'm putting new ply up - but he might come in handy as there's a window needed too.

ideally I'm after something on a roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I done similar repairs to my camper last year, I used 4mm ply and wallpapered the entire camper afterwards, came out good

Just regular wallpaper? I'm afraid it would bubble or peel, would there be special wallpaper paste you'd use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

It's called vohringer board cosy campers have it also I believe vanderlust had it on their site. I'm sure pat horans or donagheys would be able to supply too.

You can see a selection of the colours here might find a match:
    http://www.grassroutesleisure.co.uk/categories/22/vohringer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Thanks. where the skoda dealer was?
    I'm probably looking for new stuff as I'm putting new ply up - but he might come in handy as there's a window needed too.

ideally I'm after something on a roll.

Not too sure about skoda
    but it's directly opposite johnnos
    about a mile from Ennis on the
    Quin rd.

Ah yeah, I know the place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

I used van lining felt glued onto plywood.Check ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

I did some work on a previous caravan with Grosfillex. Ideal for shower rooms or as kitchen splashback. Easy to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

Betsy Og wrote: »
    I did some work on a previous caravan with Grosfillex. Ideal for shower rooms or as kitchen splashback. Easy to work with.

Where did you buy the Grosfillex ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Try here:

http://www.jgkellygroup.ie/

They are on the Ballysimon Road in Limerick. Haven't been in there in a long while but they should be able to advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Where did you buy the Grosfillex ?

Most builders merchants have it or a clone now, just ask for PVC bathroom cladding / panelling. Saw it in B&Q on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 0kee

I was thinking of using Foam PVC - Palight sheets. 2mm thick. You can heat it and mold it around corners. very easy to work with. fire retardant and easy to clean. company in west dublin called magco sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Most builders merchants have it or a clone now, just ask for PVC bathroom cladding / panelling. Saw it in B&Q on sunday.

Is that similar to this stuff? http://shop.enviroclad.com/all-panels.html

It comes in planks and locks together.

Advertisement