Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of play with non fixed broadband.

Options
  • 16-05-2016 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Been using WiMax form imagine since 2012 and it's been one bumpy road, poor download and abysmal upload speeds have made me with for something better but due to restrictions by my landlord getting fiber/landline in is not an option.

Can anyone recommend some options on non-fixed line broadband?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you're in an Imagine FiberConect area grab that, if not you need to convince your landlord to let you live in this century.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

ED E wrote: »
    If you're in an Imagine FiberConect area grab that, if not you need to convince your landlord to let you live in this century.

Tried the landlord approach and it's a non-runner, need my options along the lines of wireless APs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Sebzy wrote: »
    Tried the landlord approach and it's a non-runner, need my options along the lines of wireless APs

Tell your landlord stop being a dick. Move, a decent wireless service needs a fixed install. It's exactly why Imagines mobile nomadic shiite offering didn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Sebzy wrote: »

Threaten to move accommodation or actually move. You don't have to accept rubbish broadband when living in rented accommodation, unless you have to rent a house in the backarse of nowhere for whatever reason. My parents are landlords and they have UPC installed as it makes the house a more attractive to prospective tenants.

Advertisement