Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice Needed - Estate Or Jeep

Options
  • 16-05-2016 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Looking for something with a with an area in the back that can fit a dog.

Was looking at the Susuki Grand Vitara but open to other ideas like something similar or an estate.

Any suggestions?

Budget - 5000
    Max engine size - 2 Litre but could go a little above it
    Fuel Type - Diesel ( Could go for a petrol estate though)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

1.8 2WD RAV4

[/thread]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

i would go estate.....
    something like this

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v50-estate/11483341

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

What kind of dog?

I'd think unless the dog has decent ground clearance / agility then an estate is much better as you don't have to lift it in/out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

one of the advantages of a RAV4 is that the spare wheel is on the door, so you get a lower floor with no loading lip, and no damage to the bumper from dogs jumping in and out,

Rear seats slide forward, tumble forward again or can be removed altogether.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Skoda Octavia Estate or Superb if you want to go bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

I would always go for an Estate, but choose one with a flat loading / no curb at the tailgate. At present we drive a Peugeot 406 which is very good for the job, but I would also check cars like the Honda Accord, Subaru Legacy, or the Mercedes E, BMW 5, Audi A6 Volvo V70 from the larger sized segment.

Advertisement