Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 'St Annes Park' 10km - 22 May 2016

Options
  • 15-05-2016 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

The first of a two race series being held in picturesque parks on the Northside of Dublin. The series is the 'Summer Park 10km Series'.

Last years thread is here.

Details and registration of the event can be found on www.summerparkseries.com

The event is limited to 500 and there are less than 100 entries left.

The course is a 2 x 5km route entirely on path throughout St Anne's Park. The hub and start / finish line will be positioned at the Sybill Hill end of the park.

Entry is €24 (plus reg fee) or €40 (plus reg fee) for the two events. Each option comes with:

•1 x technical teeshirt
    •Race number and disposable chip
    •Fully marked KM course
    •Aid station at 5km
    •Refreshments and treats at the finish line
    •Finish Gantry
    •Prizes for 1,2,3 - M&F, Over 40 1st M&F, spot prizes & course record prize (if someone beats it!)

The organisers can be contacted on malahidecastlers@gmail.com

The second 10k race is being held in Malahide Castle on the 2 July 2016.

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 6 votes

5 Stars (Excellent)
    0%
    4 Stars (Good)
    33%
    chris85My Back Pages 2 votes
    3 Stars (Average)
    66%
    ChartsengrafsjamulesideswipeScratchMeNot 4 votes
    2 Stars (Poor)
    0%
    1 Star (Terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I just singed up to this as its very local to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

3 Stars (Average)
    Anybody know if you can register on the morning of the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

sideswipe wrote: »
    Anybody know if you can register on the morning of the race?

Yes. There is cash registration on the day, however you will save a few euros by registering online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Pity it is on the same day as the night run otherwise Id do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

This snook up. What's parking like in the area?

• Advertisement

jhammer wrote: »
    This snook up. What's parking like in the area?

Loads of parking. If you go for 09.00 you can park on Sybill Hill Road. Entry is just inside the gate.

Very nice race, first time doing it. Well organized and although I know the park well there was no chance of anybody who did not know it going of course as it was well marshalled and signs everywhere. I will definitely thing of doing the Malahide one if I am free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

3 Stars (Average)
    Dub13 wrote: »
    Very nice race, first time doing it. Well organized and although I know the park well there was no chance of anybody who did not know it going of course as it was well marshalled and signs everywhere. I will definitely thing of doing the Malahide one if I am free.

I managed to take a wrong turn with another lad! Quickly rectified but still! Was your time in line with the chip time? My overall position was recorded correctly but the chip time was 50 seconds faster than I recorded which I find odd.
    Otherwise, lovely race, nice bunch organising it.

I managed to take a wrong turn with another lad! Quickly rectified but still! Was your time in line with the chip time? My overall position was recorded correctly but the chip time was 50 seconds faster than I recorded which I find odd.
    Otherwise, lovely race, nice bunch organising it.

No, My time was grand. Where did you manage to go wrong..?

3 Stars (Average)
    Dub13 wrote: »
    No, My time was grand. Where did you manage to go wrong..?

Ok, I spoke to a friend who did it with a few others and they also have discrepancy. It's being investigated. Well aware it's not the organiser's fault as timing is done by a third party.
    From memory, went astray near 3.5k perhaps, there's a Y on the course, we veered towards what may have been a playground? These things happen. I was on the other guy's shoulder so there was an element of autopilot on my part :)

• Advertisement

Ok, I spoke to a friend who did it with a few others and they also have discrepancy. It's being investigated. Well aware it's not the organiser's fault as timing is done by a third party.
    From memory, went astray near 3.5k perhaps, there's a Y on the course, we veered towards what may have been a playground? These things happen. I was on the other guy's shoulder so there was an element of autopilot on my part :)

Hey. Race organiser here. Thanks for letting me know. Timing has been rectified. The timing company were out by 1.07. We started early at 09.58.53 and they forgot to recalibrate the machine / software.

The second set of results issued are chip times but calibrated to gun positions. The final version will issue when I'm happy any other issues are resolved.

I was the lead cyclist also. I think you went wrong at the all saints Rd gate. Just up from the dog Park. Its a double Y bend. On my first way round there was a dog owner with several dogs off the leash. I asked him (nicely) to put in leash. I could hear the abuse as I cycled on. On the second way round I noticed that the sign had been moved....I'm putting 1 and 1 together.

Apologies you went wrong. Hope it didn't affect your enjoyment too much.

Thanks again for letting me know.

3 Stars (Average)
    I checked my Garmin map and you're dead right, it was close to All Saints Gate. The first five runners were out of sight so we wouldn't have been able to see where they went. Regarding the sign going missing - that would explain it, shame to hear of people messing about like that.
    Didn't affect my enjoyment in the slightest, as it happens a spectator quickly corrected us so little to no time lost. Enjoyable race and good atmosphere.

Advertisement