Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something is thrashing my mulch

Options
  • 15-05-2016 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭

I put mulch around the base of a new hedge to retain moisture and to help keep it warm in the winter. Got through winter fine but in the last couple of months something has started rooting around in the mulch.
    The amount that's been cast aside in the last couple of days has been mental
    Could it could be birds that are chucking away the mulch trying to get at something underneath?
    At this stage whatever it is has thrown away half of it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

could be birds, could be cats using it as a toilet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Cats using it as a toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Blackbirds and thrushes love to dig around in the mulch at the base of hedges, plenty of slugs and creepy crawlies there for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Birds

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭josip

Thanks all, birds 3 - 2 cats, so far
    The bed is a bit elevated and highly visible and I think more suited to birds than cats, who I also think like their privacy when going about their business?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Blackbirds...feckers for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭josip

Next question, will they stop when they've reared their chicks or will it go on as long as there's still some mulch?
    I'm thinking of getting a crow banger.

Advertisement