Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surface finish

Options
  • 15-05-2016 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

I have an application where Plate A (Aluminium) is bolted to Plate B (Stainless Steel) using a single bolt. Currently both Plate A and Plate B are finished with a regular CnC machine finish, nothing specified on the drawing. I want to make Plate A grip better onto Plate B using a surface finish.

Anyone any recommendations on what type of surface finish I should be specifying on the material ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

aidanki wrote: »
    I have an application where Plate A (Aluminium) is bolted to Plate B (Stainless Steel) using a single bolt. Currently both Plate A and Plate B are finished with a regular CnC machine finish, nothing specified on the drawing. I want to make Plate A grip better onto Plate B using a surface finish.

Anyone any recommendations on what type of surface finish I should be specifying on the material ?

You could specify an RA finish but how rough depends how much better you need them to grip.

Could you use some sort of adhesive?

Will these parts get wet? you might be risking galvanic corrosion mixing AL and stainless.

Advertisement