Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fear The Walking Dead | Season 2 | Episode 6 | Sicut Cervus [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 15-05-2016 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 2

Episode 6 - "Sicut Cervus"

Airdate - May 15th on AMC at 9/8c | May 16th on AMC UK at 2am (and again at 9pm)

Conflict arises as the Abigail approaches its destination; Chris makes a staggering decision.

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 18 votes

0%
    5%
    terryduff12 1 vote
    27%
    duridianprincemuzzyrobby^5white applespaul68 5 votes
    22%
    WibbsNUTZZriceroAlonso77 4 votes
    16%
    brianregan09Mac BKeplar240B 3 votes
    5%
    omerin 1 vote
    11%
    Howard the DuckMonife 2 votes
    11%
    Shane St.lazybones32 2 votes
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Good episode and creepy in parts. Can't wait to see Chris made zombie breakfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I suspected when I heard weeks ago about the destination being Mexico, and given the subject matter of this show, that La Nina Blanca would eventually make her appearance.
    Echoes of the barn on Hershel's farm, but I think the cultural differences south of the border (especially the syncretic religious ideas behind the actions of Celia and the others involved) should make for some interesting twists and conflicts ahead.
    This was my favourite episode of FTWD so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

Really liked this one too. Interested to see where it goes from here - seems like they might be running around Mexico for a while.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

duridian wrote: »
    This was my favourite episode of FTWD so far.
    +1. Real standout of this spin off for me.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

This was by far the strongest episode of the season , was getting close to dropping this show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I really enjoyed this episode and it was needed. Chris, Strand and Daniel are becoming very interesting and likable characters.

The episode definitely echoed the main show with Hershel and the barn and now Celia and the cellar. Daniels PTSD surfaces again when he couldn't kill the child walker, it will be interesting to see what direction that will take him. I also liked the little Owl references in the medallion on the boat and then carved into the tree that distracted Nick. Owls are pretty significant in Mexican culture, representing death and destruction.

Quite looking forward to next weeks episode now, I can't see Celia being too pleased that Strand didn't kill himself either.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Very good episode so far, this season`s getting better with each episode hope they keep it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That Chris dude is really starting to annoy me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this episode and it was needed. Chris, Strand and Daniel are becoming very interesting and likable characters.

Chris, seriously? He's the most annoying one out of all of them, hope he gets killed soon.

Call me morbid but there's not enough death in this. And I'm seriously frustrated with the cushy life they're living, where's the survivalism!

Getting bored with this show now, it's more of a crappy soap than a zombie apocalypse programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Monife wrote: »
    Chris, seriously? He's the most annoying one out of all of them, hope he gets killed soon.

I meant likable as in his psychotic turn is making him and the show interesting, because it was starting to lull in parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Soooooo, Madison had to give up her weapons on entering the compound. Bit sloppy for her to have one by the bed or are we to assume she just snuck one in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Very strong episode. I am liking the Mexican setting.

I reckon were due a big death next week. I reckon the most of the cartels would of survived due to their strength and firepower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,666 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

good episode, end of the boat story I guess, it will be interesting if they use it again or stay land based? one small thing I found amusing , when they were killing the walkers at the church they didnt show the little girl being killed (ahh thats cute says I, Americans) in the next shot the alter boy gets it in full camera view and I was like wtf!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The blonde bint is by far the worst actress to ever grace tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paul68

A very good episode last night, probably one if not the best in season 2 so far

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

been watching purely out of habit and this episode is the first one i can say i was truly invested in

Chris will do some serious damage before he gets his imo

sooner the better madison gets killed boring as ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

been watching purely out of habit and this episode is the first one i can say i was truly invested in

Chris will do some serious damage before he gets his imo

sooner the better madison gets killed boring as ****
    Unfortunatly i reckon shes safe. Think the father will snuff it first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

ricero wrote: »
    Unfortunatly i reckon shes safe. Think the father will snuff it first

They might surprise us by killing the closest thing to a leader/Rick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Average episode. Really not feeling this show too much. I just don't like the way it is filmed , It feels cheap and It's just off somehow compared to TWD. They have good actors but i don't really like any of the characters if they all died and they got new ones it really wouldn't bother me.
    Got a bit excited when i seen Dougray Scott , i thought oh he's a good actor maybe the show will pick up. Well he didn't hang around long enough to help the show. I'll keep watching it as it's the second best tv show with zombies in it and i'd pretty much watch anything with zombies in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I can't see Celia being too pleased that Strand didn't kill himself either.

I think she'll be more upset with Strand putting a bullet in his head. She has now lost her 'boy' forever. Don't think I'd be eating any of the home cooked meals.

We just need Madison and Chris to get eaten soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Sarn wrote: »
    Don't think I'd be eating any of the home cooked meals.

LOL was thinking that when she was feeding Nick!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Really enjoyed this episode. I'm enjoying the character development of Nick. The Chris story is so annoying; Alicia may end up throwing him to the cellar zombies and it'll be a Madison v Travis showdown, splitting the group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

There was a lot of on-line reaction to this (the dog in particular*) so I decided to watch...better by the shows own standards but still too many plot holes and unanswered questions.

I could start listing everything wrong with the episode but I don't want to continually pi$$ on something people here like but the show just seems to be surviving because of its more famous namesake and not on any real merit of its own. (Will the Z being kept because they were friends/family in Hershel's barnin the cellar be released accidentally or on purpose? I think they could be released as a decoy, if crazy-momma turns sour on the newly arrived zombies)

The incident with the dog down the chute provoked some concern on an American website I frequent; people were upset and wanted the child to be thrown down instead! The irony of wanting to kill a child to save a dog some suffering was lost on them and they had no qualms with men, women and children bleeding from their eyes before dying either...:rolleyes:

'tis the living we need concern ourselves with when the dead do rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Sarn wrote: »
    We just need Madison and Chris to get eaten soon.

The show would probably focus on their emotional journey as zombies and the conflict caused by their long-haired turds of children. (she has nice knockers though, so that's 2 reasons why I want her to not die just yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paul68

Chris is a maniac i reckon he's gonna end up killing his father

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Just watched the episode last night. It was alright.

Can't quite put my finger on it but there is something missing in this show. In TWD, the first scene with the little blonde zombie girl is so sad and shocking or when The Governer kept his child yet in this they had kid zombies and it didn't have the same impact. There is something not as dark or believable about it.

Cecelia mentioned that her son would be back so I hope he doesn't show up from the boat because they didn't kill him and said he turned. I'd find him turning up and killing her or biting her predictable and a bit far fetched but I got the feeling they might go there.

I think with Chris, they are trying to do some kind of story similar to the Shane story but it's just not working.

In the last episode 5, the romantic thing with Alicia and your man was really ridiculous.

Advertisement