Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High waisted shorts

Options
  • 14-05-2016 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭

HI everyone

This might sound like a really stupid question, apologies if so :D

I am selling a pair of shorts on an online site, and someone has asked me if they are high-waisted .

I look up high waisted shorts online and know what they look like on, yet am not so sure how to know if these shorts are high-waisted. I really don't think they are, but can anyone advise how to check / know for sure?

(They are now two sizes too small for me so trying them on is not an option).

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Measure the distance from the crotch to the waistband and give them that. They can work out themselves if they will be high on them or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

spurious wrote: »
    Measure the distance from the crotch to the waistband and give them that. They can work out themselves if they will be high on them or not.

Ah you're a star, thanks :D I'll get that done.

I even think I know where I have a measuring tape :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think that measurement is technically called 'the rise'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

spurious wrote: »
    I think that measurement is technically called 'the rise'.

Thanks, that's really useful to know :)

Advertisement