Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legion Beta Access

Options
  • 14-05-2016 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

With Legion Beta now up and running, does anyone else here have access?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I do ..on beta server 3
    DH intro/98-100 is actually a lot more fun than the old DK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

No access here, for what reason who knows. Blizz seem more interested in providing it to streamers who just **** on the game crying for legacy servers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Same, no access.

Kinda annoying considering some people who should be nowhere near Betas got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Just got an invite to beta. Anyone else?

Not sure if want!! hmm. Part of me doesn't want to test it in case I got bored of it on actual release...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I never bothered signing up. I'd rather wait to be honest. Hate doing any sort of progression in Beta's, as it all just gets wiped in a few months anyway.

• Advertisement

Noxin wrote: »
    Just got an invite to beta. Anyone else?

Not sure if want!! hmm. Part of me doesn't want to test it in case I got bored of it on actual release...

Your notification through the launcher or did you get an email?

Genuine nuisance that I didn't get in. I missed most of the raid testing, and since decided I can't put the time into the schedule my current guild proposed so I'm dropping back a level.

But I'm hearing a lot of negative stuff about Warlocks(my main) and really want to get some hands on, incase I need to main switch. Went back to my old guild who progress Mythic at a decent enough pace, but confirmed with them Warlock for the expansion.

Kiith wrote: »
    I never bothered signing up. I'd rather wait to be honest. Hate doing any sort of progression in Beta's, as it all just gets wiped in a few months anyway.

In Legion it felt really relevant for me to get alpha and beta, to ensure I made the right spec choices for Live so I didn't have downtime with artificat.

Be a disaster if I go with Spec A, to find out its garbage, its overpowered and obvs gonna get nerfed, or the spec isn't competitive, to then have to run catchup on a second spec.

While I know Blizzard have outlined catchups will be quick enough, the first two weeks of any expansion for me are hectic getting stuff to 100 and through gearing and raid ready (including alts incase of a switch)

TheDoc wrote: »
    Your notification through the launcher or did you get an email?

Got an email last night. Didn't notice until this morning. I logged into the web account just to see if it was legit and sure enough, it's there.

Ahh I still dunno. I might test it out.
    I had been leveling alts to 100. Had stopped playing a fair while back but resubbed maybe a month ago.
    Brought my Shammy to 100, then a loladin. Already had a DK.
    Not really been gearing them up too much bar the daily quests in Tanaan.

My shaman will prob be main - even though I'm currently playing my prot paladin which is endless fun too. No idea what it's even like in holy / ret due to the craic I was having as prot.

Had recently started to level a warrior and mage too.

Got an email last night. Didn't notice until this morning. I logged into the web account just to see if it was legit and sure enough, it's there.

Ahh I still dunno. I might test it out.
    I had been leveling alts to 100. Had stopped playing a fair while back but resubbed maybe a month ago.
    Brought my Shammy to 100, then a loladin. Already had a DK.
    Not really been gearing them up too much bar the daily quests in Tanaan.

My shaman will prob be main - even though I'm currently playing my prot paladin which is endless fun too. No idea what it's even like in holy / ret due to the craic I was having as prot.

Had recently started to level a warrior and mage too.

Fury Warriors are shaping up to be absolutely insane in Legion. Oddly enough I was leveling a Warrior before i seen this which made me excited.

Downloaded it last night but didn't launch it :D

Might give it a quick run later if I get time.

• Advertisement

Downloaded it last night but didn't launch it :D

Might give it a quick run later if I get time.

Let us know your impressions. I've been watching a lot of Beta vids but it'd be nice to get a Boardsie's opinion.

Just finished up a short run there. Just did the opening quest line which I must admit was really awesome.
    Some crazy $hit happens during it that I was not aware of at least.
    I won't ruin it here and I would really suggest that anyone who has not watched any videos or streams of it - not to.
    It was a bit confusing because the game cuts out with a note saying - Awesome cinematic here or some such and dumps you back near Org.
    You're left pretty confused as to what actually happened but you can figure most of it out shortly after.
    Honestly, if you've no idea what I'm on about - do not go out of your way to find out. It's the exact reason I didn't want to test out the beta but whats done is done.

Gameplay wise - I only tried out an enhance shaman and it seems like a completely different class. I was so confused with spells / attacks. I kinda got the rotation towards the end but it is very different. That might not be the case for all classes however.
    I can't speak as to artifact weapons as I didn't go far enough to get one.
    The game feels much better. The new attack animations are very nice. Very impactful and I really enjoyed it.
    I noticed that there are incursions on the map which was awesome. In the normal areas on the world map you'll see an incursion symbol where the legion is attacking. It's random and a nice little addition to the game.
    I'll probably try out a little more over the weekend, see if I can start the artifact and find out what thats all about. I'll post more if I do.

First impressions though - I'm sure I'll get Legion. The initial quest line is enough to make anyone buy it. Was really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

PTR is updated to pre-patch for anyone who didnt get the beta, it wont show you everything but it will give you a feel for classes.

Hunter is a complete write off they have made it the cabbage raider spec, i know its seen as a noob class now but with traps ect you had some control and diversity.

Rogue however is a complete surprise, i am loving it. Sub is allot of fun i love the stealth mechanic it reminds me allot of the thief in GW2 and its stealth.

Overall you can see the effect of pruning and if they havent got the combination right with the artifact this could kill the game outright.

Gone as far as I'm willing to go with the beta now.. I've seen enough to know I like it.

I had been feeling that the enhance shaman was a bit of a wuss. Then I got doomhammer and the spell that comes with it. lewl.
    So nice seeing my old windfury back in action again :D Was just melting things after this. The quest to get it was pretty good too.
    For a shaman though you're still not the old style killing machine you used to be. I had a number of deaths and close calls. Gotta keep that healing spell close by really.

I'll prob test out my prot pally as far as I went with the shaman just to see what it's like also but I'm not going any further into the beta.

Some very nice features that I really only scratched the surface with.
    I tried out an invasion. Good fun but if you are alone trying to do it, you'll be there forever. Don't need to group up or anything but there really needs to be others around helping out.

Anywho it's a winner for me so far. Part of me really wants to get stuck in and get to 110 but I'm gonna save it for actual release where hopefully most bugs are ironed out.

Calhoun wrote: »
    PTR is updated to pre-patch for anyone who didnt get the beta, it wont show you everything but it will give you a feel for classes.

Hunter is a complete write off they have made it the cabbage raider spec, i know its seen as a noob class now but with traps ect you had some control and diversity.

Rogue however is a complete surprise, i am loving it. Sub is allot of fun i love the stealth mechanic it reminds me allot of the thief in GW2 and its stealth.

Overall you can see the effect of pruning and if they havent got the combination right with the artifact this could kill the game outright.

Seemingly Blizz wanted Hunters to be the entry level raiding spec, and from what ive seen of Beast Masters it seems to be true.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Seemingly Blizz wanted Hunters to be the entry level raiding spec, and from what ive seen of Beast Masters it seems to be true.

Yah its very boring now, it's not as fun as live. MM Is ok and SV is a writ off for the part of the game I play.

I don't like the pruning they have done.

Yah its very boring now, it's not as fun as live. MM Is ok and SV is a writ off for the part of the game I play.

I don't like the pruning they have done.

Everyone seems to be of the same consensus, with the exception of the a few classes and specs.

I'm gutted about my Palla tank

Vicxas wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be of the same consensus, with the exception of the a few classes and specs.

I'm gutted about my Palla tank

I am really concerned they may have killed the game, it's not just the pruning but it's the likes of the ceiling on dps you can do in a raid ect.

Preaches video on top 5 things he likes and dislikes is an eye opener. I am just hoping the content is so good it makes up for lack of content.

I am really concerned they may have killed the game, it's not just the pruning but it's the likes of the ceiling on dps you can do in a raid ect.

Preaches video on top 5 things he likes and dislikes is an eye opener. I am just hoping the content is so good it makes up for lack of content.

Preach has been sounding it out very well, Asmongold seems a bit too "American" about it, and Bellular is just doing his own thing.

My biggest worry is how far will the pruning go? Until we're left with 4-6 buttons like a MOBA?

There seems to be a general trend from the top players (granted mostly Serenity) that there is some serious issues with class design and balance, in a majorly negative way.

About the only class I have heard positive things about is Warrior, Shamans, Mages and Rogues.

There is a certain aspect that once the raid content and dungeon content is fine, I'l be fine. But at the same time, if class balance and design is rough, I'll be pissed. I already had to move from my Warlock in WoD because of their nonsense changes, nothing worse then being forced to change mains because of **** balance

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    There seems to be a general trend from the top players (granted mostly Serenity) that there is some serious issues with class design and balance, in a majorly negative way.

About the only class I have heard positive things about is Warrior, Shamans, Mages and Rogues.

There is a certain aspect that once the raid content and dungeon content is fine, I'l be fine. But at the same time, if class balance and design is rough, I'll be pissed. I already had to move from my Warlock in WoD because of their nonsense changes, nothing worse then being forced to change mains because of **** balance

I am sure they will be fine to an extent but some of the things will make it worse like the changes to tanking. I can see allot of good tanks moving on.

I am hopeful that the sum of all the parts is a fun experience but so many glaring concerns right now and after WOD I'm sceptical.

Advertisement