Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New siren for aritech cs350

Options
  • 14-05-2016 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got a new external siren for my aritech cs350.
    The new siren is a AZ- 220 with the following connections.

Tamper RTN
    bell TRigger -
    supply +
    Supply -
    Strobe -

Could some one tell me where these should be connected on the CS 350 control panel ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tamper RTN--Tamper Return (17)
    bell TRigger --External -(5)
    supply +--External +(4)
    Supply --Bell Hold Off (16)
    Strobe --Internal - (7)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bgengine1

Thanks Koolkid,

Also, Do I have to programme the control panel in any specific way for this to work ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No
    As long as the system outputs have never been changed it will work as is.

Hi Koolkid, I wired this up as suggested and it seems to have worked ... Thanks very much.

One thing though is that the siren has 2 indication LEDs that ares supposed to be flashing ( indicating the alarm is active, I think) but in my case these are not working, any ideas ?
    Thanks

Does the siren activate when you open the lid.?

• Advertisement

I didnt actually connect the tamper part.... But the siren does sound and the strobe does flash when the alarm goes off.
    When I connected the tamper as you suggested the alarm sound ed all the time.. So I just thought id leave that off.

does the tamper need to be connected for the less to be flashing ?

Have you a permanent negative connected to BHO?

I have the following connected to the controller:

Supply + to ext + (#4)
    Supply - to # 16
    Bell trigger to #5
    Strobe to # 7

Tamper not connected to # 17, ( I have a resistor across #16 and 17)

If I remove the resistor and connect tamper to #17, the siren seems to sound all the time.

Leave the resistor across 16 & 17 but also wire 16 (BHO) to Supply -

Advertisement