Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software/Web Developer Night Work

Options
  • 14-05-2016 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Sorry if this topic infringes the t&c's of the site.
    Just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to do c# .net software development for approx four nights a week as a secondary job to pick up some extra cash.
    I have seen freelancer before but its not really worth my while with people from other countries always undercutting you.
    Thanks
    Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭schaffer

Not sure I'd hire someone to code as a second job during the night.
    The quality you get from most developers after 4 hours isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

schaffer wrote: »
    Not sure I'd hire someone to code as a second job during the night.
    The quality you get from most developers after 4 hours isn't great.

The only reason I chose hours was because that as the minimum I could commit to.
    I would be aiming to spend about 6-8 hours a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭schaffer

Would you reverse it and have coding as your main job and a secondary job doing something else? You may find it easier to get work this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

schaffer wrote: »
    Would you reverse it and have coding as your main job and a secondary job doing something else? You may find it easier to get work this way.

Down the line I will be having coding as my main and only job. Just looking to do it as a secondary job for now to keep my skills sharp and get a bit of extra income at the same time.
    Had thought about freelance web development but I'd be useless at the visuals tbh.

Advertisement