Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N80 New Roundabout finishing when?

Options
  • 13-05-2016 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, must be the longest roundabout building in history? Started last December and still NOT finished as of 5.00 pm this evening when I passed.
    Incredible that Carlow county council could allow this fairly straight forward project and contractor drag on for so long (but not entirely shocking looking at anything else they have been involved in). I think here in Kilkenny there'd actually be uproar at this stage if something like this had dragged on so long on one of the main routes.
    Has it opened now are they going to leave the lights there yet another weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Still not open...the words piss up, brewery and Carlow county council ring true yet again...

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Also anyone know what is that new building between kenblacks and roundabout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

That's a house for people with special needs tintean own it. Just updating it is all.

Another day another unopened roundabout. Whoever's "in charge" should be shot...

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

It's an absolute disgrace. No wonder Carlow town is imploding on itself with the councillors attitude to everything.
    Since January I have been shopping in Bunclody from Ballon as it just annoys me having to deal with the roadworks and I feel bad for the people who are on the back road around it.

• Advertisement

It's an absolute disgrace. No wonder Carlow town is imploding on itself with the councillors attitude to everything.
    Since January I have been shopping in Bunclody from Ballon as it just annoys me having to deal with the roadworks and I feel bad for the people who are on the back road around it.

Couldn't agree more. Work in Carlow and live in Kilkenny and the way both are run is at polar opposites of the spectrum. This kind of messing would not be tolerated here, there would have been world war 3 long ago and the roundabout would have been open and people would be free to go about their business...It would be sorted, this is taking the p1ss and has been for the past 2 months.
    Carlow is completely rudderless, no leadership of any kind on running the place, the recent floods were a prime example where the local authority did nothing for ages as they were on holiday. If they can't manage and deliver the construction of a simple roundabout satisfactorily then what hope for the town centre (which gets worse and worse).

Asked a worker today when is it opening...it might be tomorrow or next week...Carlow people are a passive lot

It opened over an hour ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just drove by, still open, will update again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Just seen Pat Deering on facebook saying it's open and is great for gor the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

iano.p wrote: »
    Just seen Pat Deering on facebook saying it's open and is great for gor the area.

First mention of Mr Deering I have heard since the election

On the subject of the roundabouts on both the Wexford and Kilkenny roads, if it has taken the contractors that long to build them then I would hate to see them build a motorway.

Advertisement