Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity vs NUIG CV

Options
  • 13-05-2016 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of transferring from Trinity to NUIG. I'm currently studying politics and psychology in Trinity and thinking of switching to something similar in NUIG for second year. For those of you who receive CVs and make the decision on whether to hire someone/call them in for an interview, does the university the person attended have a major impact on that decision?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

In general No. Certainly not within the Irish colleges.

Person to person variances are far greater than any influence that the colleges have on the students. Then Experience, extra curricular activities, projects and even hobbies along with other factors are more important.

A poorly/well formatted CV has more impact.

The one exception is that like most folk I have a soft spot for my own Alma Mater :-)

Advertisement