Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corolla Verso - Rear Shock faulty?

Options
  • 13-05-2016 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi, I have a 2006 Corolla Verso, 105K Miles on clock. I noticed about 18 months ago that the rear tyre on drivers side was worn on the inside shoulder, replaced the tyre and now the new one is showing the same wear pattern. These are a solid axle so no adjustment. I'm starting to think it could be a shock, looking at car from the rear the affected side seems to be sitting lower. On a measuring tape from road to wheel arch there is a 10mm difference between the drivers and passengers side. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

tommyh1977 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a 2006 Corolla Verso, 105K Miles on clock. I noticed about 18 months ago that the rear tyre on drivers side was worn on the inside shoulder, replaced the tyre and now the new one is showing the same wear pattern. These are a solid axle so no adjustment. I'm starting to think it could be a shock, looking at car from the rear the affected side seems to be sitting lower. On a measuring tape from road to wheel arch there is a 10mm difference between the drivers and passengers side. Any thoughts?

exact same thing happened my 2000 corolla , I got it tracked up but the front tire was wearing on the drivers side and the passenger side is lower by 12mm . I was playing with the idea that the previous owner fitted a wrong size spring , I was about to post a similar question . could a faulty shock cause the car to sit lower by 10mm ? could a spring degrade ? I checked them and they aren't broke or snapped . plus I pass the nct yesterday , the only thing I could think of wa a wrong size spring fitted , any thoughts ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

tommyh1977 wrote: »

Some Toyotas can adjust the rear tracking just like you can on a front. That what be would I would check first. After that, a bush could be worn or something could be bent. I doubt if it's a shock as a defective one will cause excessive bounce or noise rather than throwing the alignment off.

Advertisement