Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac level 5 course. RESPOND!"

Options
  • 13-05-2016 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

so i have 4 d3 leaving cert ordinary passes.(failed maths and Irish) and the fetac course asks for 5 passes. I heard of ppl still getting a place?? any similar stories. Or do you think they will just over look it?? Thanks. College is CCFE CASTLEBAR. I APPLIE TO.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

so i have 4 d3 leaving cert ordinary passes.(failed maths and Irish) and the fetac course asks for 5 passes. I heard of ppl still getting a place?? any similar stories. Or do you think they will just over look it?? Thanks. College is CCFE CASTLEBAR. I APPLIE TO.

It's possible they will give you a place. It depends on how you do at interview and if they get the impression you will have the ability and the motivation to finish the course.
    What have you done in the intervening year(s)? You may get credit for work experience/other study.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aidanquim12

Ive worked a bit and done a city/guilds i.t course. not much relly.ill be 22 when course starts. any tips for interview.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They are looking for evidence that
    - you deserve a place on the course
    - you will apply yourself to the work
    - you will finish out the course

Your work will stand to you, as will the IT course. Make sure to mention that you kept busy and keep at things. They don't want someone who will give up the course.

There will be all sorts of ages there for interview. Some will be doing it as a backup in case the Leaving goes worse than they hope, so don't be put off by anything you hear people saying about how many other courses they have applied for.

Thanks Ive heard on other forums they really look for someone who is gonna stick to the course. just hope my bad leaving cert wont hold me back. Thanks alot for the info.

They may well ask you about your Leaving. Be honest as to where you think things went wrong. There is nothing wrong with it having gone wrong first time round - the main thing is to know and accept why things didn't go well.

Hypothetical answers:
    The teachers didn't like me
    I was more interested in having a laugh and chasing girls
    I missed too many days
    The teachers picked on me
    I wasn't serious about it at all
    I preferred partying to studying
    It was too hard
    I went to a crap school

I'm sure you can pick yourself which answers would show a degree of maturity and self-reflection and which wouldn't.

• Advertisement

Ya wow that really makes sense. i was just gonna lie but i think now the mature route is better than bBull**** lies the hear all the time.

Advertisement