Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which team for me

Options
  • 13-05-2016 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Just started watching MLB the last few weeks and was looking for a team to follow/support. Havent really watched alot of it but need a team to follow. I am a big NFL fan and I follow The Dolphins( no smart comments!!!!) so on that basis should I really be following the Marlins or someone else

Thanks for ur help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

spud06 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Just started watching MLB the last few weeks and was looking for a team to follow/support. Havent really watched alot of it but need a team to follow. I am a big NFL fan and I follow The Dolphins( no smart comments!!!!) so on that basis should I really be following the Marlins or someone else

Thanks for ur help

The best way I found is not to pick a team but let a team pick you. Watch a few games and something will click with one team. You'll like a particular player or a sequence of events will give you a soft spot for someone. Just saying "I'm going to support X" doesn't work for me.

I like the idea of supporting NFL/MLB teams from the same city though. It didn't work out for me (Redskins/Mets) but the Marlins are an interesting team if you do go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

The best way I found is not to pick a team but let a team pick you. Watch a few games and something will click with one team. You'll like a particular player or a sequence of events will give you a soft spot for someone. Just saying "I'm going to support X" doesn't work for me.

I like the idea of supporting NFL/MLB teams from the same city though. It didn't work out for me (Redskins/Mets) but the Marlins are an interesting team if you do go that route.

Thanks for that Jack and funnily enough I found my team that way. Just took a liking to Washington Nationals pitcher Bryce Harper so I decided to support them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

spud06 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Jack and funnily enough I found my team that way. Just took a liking to Washington Nationals pitcher Bryce Harper so I decided to support them.

He's not bad with a bat either :P

Advertisement