Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to move kitchen sink

Options
  • 13-05-2016 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Im wondering how much it might cost to move the kitchen sink to the wall opposite. The wall opposite is about 5-6 feet away from its current location. Presuming that because its on a wall opposite, the ground will need to be dug up. Any advice appreciated.

The extension where the kitchen and bathroom is, is a homemade one by my grandfather probably thirty to forty years ago. My other option is to move the kitchen into the dining room.

Any idea how much brand new plumbing in a different room for sink and washing machine might cost? Its probably about 10 feet away from the current sink and washing machine and again would require digging id presume.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Don't necessarily need to dig, if there's a reasonable route along the wall to the new location you can go that way. Digging underneath potentially creates waste pipe issues because you have to get a good enough drop on it.

How long is a piece of string question really, but assuming there's nothing crazy about running it along the wall, any plumber can do that inside of a day, cost you well less than a grand including fittings.

The plumbing in the other room is a similar issue, but it depends on the orientation of the room, etc. Dealing with the waste pipe is typically the most complicated bit. Getting a new water feed is dead easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

seamus wrote: »
    Don't necessarily need to dig, if there's a reasonable route along the wall to the new location you can go that way. Digging underneath potentially creates waste pipe issues because you have to get a good enough drop on it.

How long is a piece of string question really, but assuming there's nothing crazy about running it along the wall, any plumber can do that inside of a day, cost you well less than a grand including fittings.

The plumbing in the other room is a similar issue, but it depends on the orientation of the room, etc. Dealing with the waste pipe is typically the most complicated bit. Getting a new water feed is dead easy.

Cheers for the reply Seamus. When you say including fittings, what do you mean?

No where really that it could be run across a wall as there is a door way on both sides (cutting the room in half if you know what i mean) unless it ran up high above the door way which I cant imagine would work or look good.

If it was in the other room the waste pipe issue should be too big of a deal as it is higher than the backyard where the waste pipe drains too and is probably closer to the run off area that the current sink.

The extension is old and the house is terribly laid out. Its making a kitchen and bathroom revamp into a major issue :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Actually come to think of it I could keep the sink where is if I moved the radiator to the opposite side of wall to next to sink. Is that also a big job or not so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Good luck Lady

How much does it cost to move a sink from my kitchen to my dining room and the washing machine plumbing?

Advertisement