Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Purchase Loans from Council

Options
  • 13-05-2016 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience in relation to housing loans from the council? I'm not in a council house but I think I am on the list from a few years ago.
    Just wondering what the process is like.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You think you are on 'the list'?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

I applied in 2010 when I was unemployed and I got letter to say I was but never heard anything since so I assume I'm still on it

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

RubyGlee wrote: »
    I applied in 2010 when I was unemployed and I got letter to say I was but never heard anything since so I assume I'm still on it

Not necessarily true alot of people get taken off the lists for not taking part in reviews when asked confirm they are still in need of long term housing .

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Il have to ring for information on the loans anyway so will check that out as one of the conditions is that you need to be on the housing list.
    If anyone had gone through this I'd be grateful fo know how it went. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

RubyGlee wrote: »
    Il have to ring for information on the loans anyway so will check that out as one of the conditions is that you need to be on the housing list.
    If anyone had gone through this I'd be grateful fo know how it went. Thanks

The house purchase loan doesn't require you to be on the housing list. The social housing tenants purchase scheme requires you to be living in a unit owned by your local authority for more than one year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement