Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Play Centre

Options
  • 13-05-2016 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, not sure where I should post this but please move if not in right section

Ok for hopefully will finally get my new house soon. Reason for moving was to get bigger garden. So will end up with 0.5-0.7 acre. Kids love it just from having them out in it at viewing.

One of the first things I want to do is get a play centre for the kids. So swings/slide/playhouse etc. Had a look on adverts and a few on there but checked donedeal and it is awash with them and all from different people

Just checking if anyone has purchased? anyone recommend a company?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ok, not sure where I should post this but please move if not in right section

Ok for hopefully will finally get my new house soon. Reason for moving was to get bigger garden. So will end up with 0.5-0.7 acre. Kids love it just from having them out in it at viewing.

One of the first things I want to do is get a play centre for the kids. So swings/slide/playhouse etc. Had a look on adverts and a few on there but checked donedeal and it is awash with them and all from different people

Just checking if anyone has purchased? anyone recommend a company?

Thanks

TP are the best in my opinion for swings and slides etc. Very study and last for years.
    If you have very little un's , what I did was a clear an area, put down a membrane to kill the weeds, then sand and then another membrane and then finally I put recycled tyre rubber bits as the topping.

The sand makes it nice and soft for them underfoot. The rubber is the only thing i found that is safe and doesnt encourage cats to pee in it like chipped bark does.
    You can order it from most garden centres.
    I used railway sleepers to enclose it all in,
    TBH you dont need the sand but thats what they do in school playgrounds apparently

the whole thing then looks neat and tidy and you can get different colour tyre bits.
    Once its in, its no maintenance and just enjoy for years

TP do a swing toy called a pirate boat that 2 or more kids can sit in. great fun!

I have bought TP second hand when I wanted a double swing and it was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

What is TP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

TP are the best in my opinion for swings and slides etc. Very study and last for years.
    If you have very little un's , what I did was a clear an area, put down a membrane to kill the weeds, then sand and then another membrane and then finally I put recycled tyre rubber bits as the topping.

The sand makes it nice and soft for them underfoot. The rubber is the only thing i found that is safe and doesnt encourage cats to pee in it like chipped bark does.
    You can order it from most garden centres.
    I used railway sleepers to enclose it all in,
    TBH you dont need the sand but thats what they do in school playgrounds apparently

the whole thing then looks neat and tidy and you can get different colour tyre bits.
    Once its in, its no maintenance and just enjoy for years

TP do a swing toy called a pirate boat that 2 or more kids can sit in. great fun!

I have bought TP second hand when I wanted a double swing and it was fine

https://www.tptoys.com/climb/climb_and_swing/swing-seats-accessories/tp_pirate_boat.htm

I guess this is the swing? thanks for info

Yes thats the one. As you have a nice big space I would go for the biggest you can afford.
    treble swing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Will you adopt me? I never had a swing or a slide in my childhood.

Only in the local playground!

Best of luck, your kids are very fortunate to have parents like you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Dont want to hijack the thread but I had a look at their site and its amazing, does anyone in Ireland do similar to the same standard or do you know how much shipping is. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

hairyslug wrote: »
    Dont want to hijack the thread but I had a look at their site and its amazing, does anyone in Ireland do similar to the same standard or do you know how much shipping is. Cheers

Thats the main question of the thread, there is loads of people that do similar I am just looking for recommendations.....

Thats the main question of the thread, there is loads of people that do similar I am just looking for recommendations.....

They sell TP equipment in Ireland

http://www.gardenplay.ie/swings.html

http://www.adverts.ie/other-home-garden/tp-swing-climb-and-slide-set/10453873

http://www.adverts.ie/garden-toys/tp-toys-aluminium-swing-set/9046395

Advertisement