Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelie bin.

Options
  • 12-05-2016 10:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This is in regard to wheelie bin compactors. Something like this:

http://www.adverts.ie/9919074

Does anybody know if these are any good at all ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,640 ✭✭✭✭josip

I can't see the advantage if from July 1st it's pay by weight and not lift?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

josip wrote: »
    I can't see the advantage if from July 1st it's pay by weight and not lift?

Don't get your point. I will still have same amont of rubbish in July as I do now and will need to fit it in the bin somehow. So whether by weight or lift, I still need to squash it in bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,640 ✭✭✭✭josip

Ah, I didn't realise you weren't able to fit everything in between collections.
    I thought you were trying to minimise the amount of lifts.

If it's for your green bin, then I think the nature of the contents are quite springy and it'll do well to achieve its claimed 70%.

Are you already squeezing the air out of all plastic bottles/tetra packs, flattening them and then putting the cork back on them to keep them flat?

josip wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't realise you weren't able to fit everything in between collections.
    I thought you were trying to minimise the amount of lifts.

If it's for your green bin, then I think the nature of the contents are quite springy and it'll do well to achieve its claimed 70%.

Are you already squeezing the air out of all plastic bottles/tetra packs, flattening them and then putting the cork back on them to keep them flat?

I am indeed. Have an issue every time with the bloody recycling. It's always jammers and I end up having to jump on it and nearly bust meself last week at it ; )

Does anybody know is there any shop to buy these ? woodies, b and q etc

Ive had a couple of failed attempts on adverts at getting these - dodgy sellers etc

• Advertisement

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭smjm

Does anybody know is there any shop to buy these ? woodies, b and q etc

Ive had a couple of failed attempts on adverts at getting these - dodgy sellers etc
    Don't know if this ones any good to you. Bit expensive maybe. I don't use one though, so can't vouch for it.

http://bintrasher.com/index.html

smjm wrote: »
    Don't know if this ones any good to you. Bit expensive maybe. I don't use one though, so can't vouch for it.

http://bintrasher.com/index.html

Thanks. Yeah, seen that alright.
    Saucy enough alright.......and probably a few pound more for postage then.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭smjm

Thanks. Yeah, seen that alright.
    Saucy enough alright.......and probably a few pound more for postage then.
    Yep, €7.50 on top for postage. I've not seen them in any shops.

Advertisement