Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this white gunk in my grass?

Options
  • 12-05-2016 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

found 4 patches of white .... gunk in my grass
    largest of which was about 6 inches in diameter approximately

very slippy and slimy
    h#t#t#p#://postimg.org/image/rfltlp8jl/
    (i have to mangle the url as im "not allowed" post a url)

but looking at enough pictures of "dog vomit fungus" i dont think it is
    can any one identify it

and no i dont have a dog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

IMG_20160512_201145500s.jpg

Save everyone clicking through ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 finbaromahony

much appreciated, thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭irishmoss

Bird droppings? The neighbours car looked like this today, side window completely covered in it. Maybe seagulls? They can leave quite a mess

Hmm,
    if it was right up against the hedge it wouldnt be a bad call, its a good foot away from the hedge though
    but strangely all 4 patches are roughly the same distance away from the hedge

now, if it was later in the summer i guess it could be baby swallows as they are quite the fan of sticking their arse out of the nest to do their business, but while its not a bad suggestion im struggling to see how it could be birds

ill stick my head in the hedge there tomorrow to see if i can see any birds nests

It's dog vomit slime mold alright I'd say, its taken quite the transformation, I'll post today's picture later

• Advertisement

here it is in all its glory

h#ttp://postimg.org/image/r5n4rf875/full/
    can you believe its the same patch as the first picture after only 1 day

Advertisement