Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA P1 or P3 / Self Study

Options
  • 12-05-2016 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

I'm currently studying the P2 paper for the June sitting and after that would like to do either P1 or P3 in September. I'm likely to be studying on my own this time, with a revision course if the times work with my schedule. Which paper is perceived to be the 'easier'? I've a pretty heavy work schedule for the summer and I don't want to take on a paper if it has a reputation for being particularly difficult. From your experience, which is more doable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

P1 is very achievable. The syllabus is the most narrow of the papers.
    So if you practice past papers you will find them repeating themselves regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

marizpan wrote: »
    P1 is very achievable. The syllabus is the most narrow of the papers.
    So if you practice past papers you will find them repeating themselves regularly.

Thank you. That's the paper I was leaning toward, but wanted to hear other people's thoughts first.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I would agree with Marizpan, P1 would be very achievable with short term self study.

I did P3 on my own and passed it but there is a lot of material to cover so it would be worthwhile to take a little bit of extra time for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 salad_man

Has anyone heard the rumour that these two papers may merge into one exam? I've heard this may be possible in the not so distant future. Im also doing P2 at the moment, trying to weigh up if it would be beneficial holding off on those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

salad_man wrote: »
    Has anyone heard the rumour that these two papers may merge into one exam? I've heard this may be possible in the not so distant future. Im also doing P2 at the moment, trying to weigh up if it would be beneficial holding off on those two.

Yes I've heard that too. My P1 lecturer told us in December that it would happen in 2017. I haven't seen anything on the ACCA website about it though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement