Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of old worn out DIY hand tools

Options
  • 12-05-2016 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭

dont know whether I have posted in the right group.

does anyone know what you are supposed to do with old broken tools , like blunt saws, broken screwdrivers etc? - you cant put them into landfill these days , and you wouldnt be able to put them into recycling facility because they are not electric and have no plugs on them so Im just wondering how you are supposed to dispose of them these days? - if i find out how you do it might spur me on to actually go through them and sort em out!! - thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Hoagy

dont know whether I have posted in the right group.

does anyone know what you are supposed to do with old broken tools , like blunt saws, broken screwdrivers etc? - you cant put them into landfill these days , and you wouldnt be able to put them into recycling facility because they are not electric and have no plugs on them so Im just wondering how you are supposed to dispose of them these days? - if i find out how you do it might spur me on to actually go through them and sort em out!! - thanks. :)

Our local civic amenity site has a separate container for metal, I'd imagine that's fairly standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Hoagy wrote: »
    Our local civic amenity site has a separate container for metal, I'd imagine that's fairly standard.

got an email back from our local Greenstar in sligo, they havent got the facility apparently, sounds like it just goes in with normal landfill rubbish which is a real shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

I'd have thought a steel saw or spanner was the same as a steel can, as far as recycling is concerned. Is it because there's a plastic handle attached? Break it off maybe??

Advertisement