Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai 5 year warranty?

Options
  • 12-05-2016 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Did 2015 Hyundai's have a five year warranty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

PMBC wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

http://bfy.tw/5itx :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMBC

Thanks both of you.
    If I purchase such a car second hand from a Hyundai garage would the 5 year warranty remain, or does it depend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Thanks both of you.
    If I purchase such a car second hand from a Hyundai garage would the 5 year warranty remain, or does it depend?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it transfers to the new owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The manufacturer's warranty remains with the car, regardless of who owns it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMBC

Thanks colm mcm and biko.
    Though a previous poster said 'No', I thought it more likely that it did transfer - subject to the usual conditions re servicing.

just be aware that hyundai are said to be bringing back their scrappage offer for 162 reg with a few grand off a new one. make sure you're not paying close to that price for a 15 reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

colm_mcm wrote: »
    just be aware that hyundai are said to be bringing back their scrappage offer for 162 reg with a few grand off a new one. make sure you're not paying close to that price for a 15 reg.

They already have, website today has €4k scrappage deals on 162s

• Registered Users Posts: 5 randomirl123

Hi, just wondering I am buying a second hand hyundai from a KIA dealer and wondering does the warranty still transfer?

• Advertisement

yes. the warranty is on the car.

Thanks!! Thats one question answered.. Bit worried as the service book has no records of services. Car is absolutely perfect, had it checked. But technically should have had it serviced by now afraud this will make the warranty null and void? Any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

What year is the car and milege, and when was service due and at what mileage?

CiniO wrote: »
    What year is the car and milege, and when was service due and at what mileage?

Have pmd you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Thanks!! Thats one question answered.. Bit worried as the service book has no records of services. Car is absolutely perfect, had it checked. But technically should have had it serviced by now afraud this will make the warranty null and void? Any ideas

Service interval is 30k/ 24 months on all diesel Hyundais, so if it's 142 or newer with less than 30k it'l not have been serviced yet.

Petrols are 15k/ 12 months.

Service interval is 30k/ 24 months on all diesel Hyundais, so if it's 142 or newer with less than 30k it'l not have been serviced yet.

If it was outside of this... Would that invalidate the warranty? Not massively on mileage but a year time wise?

If it was outside of this... Would that invalidate the warranty? Not massively on mileage but a year time wise?

Plenty of people will say yes, it will invalidate, but it definitely wont or at least not in 99% of situations.

Get it serviced and you'l be absolutely fine, cover will remain once there is a shred of service history.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

That sounds very high , at the very least the oil and filter has to be changed every 7000 miles.

I have the gen2 model and it's every 6k for an oil and filter change

Blazer wrote: »
    That sounds very high , at the very least the oil and filter has to be changed every 7000 miles.

I have the gen2 model and it's every 6k for an oil and filter change

Maybe for some early 90's models.

For any of the modern Hyundai fleet, the "i" range of cars it's 30k/ 24mt diesel and 15k/ 12mt petrol.

Thanks all sorted, should be a-ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Maybe for some early 90's models.

For any of the modern Hyundai fleet, the "i" range of cars it's 30k/ 24mt diesel and 15k/ 12mt petrol.

Yeah for some reason I had Santa Fe in my head...their oil changes intervals are extremely low.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If done by a main dealer they might not stamp the book anymore, everything is gone online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Plenty of people will say yes, it will invalidate, but it definitely wont or at least not in 99% of situations.

Get it serviced and you'l be absolutely fine, cover will remain once there is a shred of service history.

Just in addition to this. Not a Hyundai but hopefully applicable.

I have a Kia that I bought from a main dealer (very low mileage) with warranty remaining.

It had no stamps (should have had 2) in the service book but was in perfect nick. It got a full service (got them to stamp the book) when I bought it.

I've since had to get a minor repair done under warranty and the dealer did it for me no problem.

Advertisement