Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TWEED/WOOL SUIT

Options
  • 12-05-2016 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi,Im looking to buy one of these new style tweed wool textured suits but from shopping around ive found alot the shops stock the jackets only,no trousers !! ,it seems hard to get a full 3 piece suit.Any ideas where is currently selling them .I know that Magees on Wicklow street have some and im going to look in there but i think alot of there styles / fits are the traditional old mans style and fit.Im looking for a more fitted slim suit and will be wearing with a casual check shirt.Any suggestions please in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

It's a tricky time of year to be buying a textured tweed or wool- they're a winter suit typically so I lot of places won't stock them this time of year. Try Louis Copeland etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Next do a brown wool suit at the moment, think it might even be a 3 piece offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

bazbrady wrote: »
    Hi,Im looking to buy one of these new style tweed wool textured suits but from shopping around ive found alot the shops stock the jackets only,no trousers !! ,it seems hard to get a full 3 piece suit.Any ideas where is currently selling them .I know that Magees on Wicklow street have some and im going to look in there but i think alot of there styles / fits are the traditional old mans style and fit.Im looking for a more fitted slim suit and will be wearing with a casual check shirt.Any suggestions please in Dublin.

So you want to wear a three piece suit with a casual shirt? how's that going to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have seen some in next but it was more winter time. Might be worth seeing if any Scottish stores sell online as tweed seems to be popular (with tourist there). Quills in Killarney might be worth a look too if you are ever there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

So you want to wear a three piece suit with a casual shirt? how's that going to work?

I'd imagine he means that in general, people think of "suit shirts" as being plain coloured as opposed to checked. To be fair, checked and pattered shirts can look really well with three piece suits, although tbh its more of a autumn winter look with texture etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement