Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to be in Ireland to get the IEC visa?

Options
  • 11-05-2016 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I've submitted all of my documents bar a foreign police cert that may take a month or so to come back. I was planning on heading to the US for a couple of months first and then onto Canada.

Can I travel to the US before the visa comes through? I'm aware there's a small possibility that the visa could be rejected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

You don't need to be in Ireland to get the LOI, you can download it from the CIC website when it comes through.

However, you may get refused entry to the US if you don't have a return ticket to Ireland and are trying to enter as a tourist.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pyro7046

Cheers! Yeah I'm planning on having my flight to vancouver booked going over to the US, so hopefully that will do the same job as having a return ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Pyro7046 wrote: »
    Cheers! Yeah I'm planning on having my flight to vancouver booked going over to the US, so hopefully that will do the same job as having a return ticket.

That might be an issue, as at the time you enter the US, you won't have any valid status in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pyro7046

Ah ok I'll have to look into that so, cheers!

Advertisement