Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lidl sockets

Options
  • 11-05-2016 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭

Was in Lidl earlier, and they have sets of sockets for sale at 9.99
    They come in half inch and three eights drive, and at that price are worth a punt to leave in the car boot. .
    The socket wall is pleasingly thin, which in my book is an indication of quality steel. (Other cheepo tool makers often make sockets with such a thick wall, they won't fit nuts in tight spots)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Have fully tested(abused) the s&k powerfix ones over the last 4 years and not a bother on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

I have had the powerfix S&K full set for over two years. It has survived everything I have thrown at it, even using the 1/2 inch ratchet as a hammer! I also drove the car over the 3/8 inch ratchet...not a scratch!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Bought a set, twenty piece. All the sockets are 3/8 drive, and there are two adaptors to allow you use 1/2 and 1/4 drive ratchets on them. Plus three extensions.
    Sockets from 6mm to 20mm inclusive. Usefull holders for the sockets.
    The 1/2 extension if bought from Gedore, Dowidat or Hazett would cost more than the entire set....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

I've a Lidl socket set and it's brilliant, I've been battering it and not a single problem with it. I just got a Halfords socket set but I will continue to use the Lidl one because it has 1/2 inch 6 point sockets instead of the 12 point sockets in the Halfords set :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

seem to be sold out everywhere :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

philstar wrote: »
    seem to be sold out everywhere :(

Ring Customer Care - they will tell you if any stores in your area have stock.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

There were plenty in Naas yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Still a dozen sets in the Cavan town branch.

Advertisement