Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relate Query

Options
  • 11-05-2016 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Quick one for those that use relate - is it possible to set up a new dataset based on another? I.e bring over the directors details etc. (very useful for group company with all the same details)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

I do not think so and I would imagine if there were such a facility it may cause more errors then it saves.

It should be easy enough to populate the compliance database with the names and directors if they are already correctly entered though.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

For each client you can have different types of databases. The only problem is that you might need to enter the basic details such as directors and the dates. In your case each company would be under the same name with a different database name.

As far as I know there is no way of exporting those details and importing them. The only way of moving them to another database is rolling over year end but that would bring the financial data forward and you can´t erase that data.

Advertisement