Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial Analyst

Options
  • 10-05-2016 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

Im currently working as a part qualified accountant in practise with 5 accas which I have yet to sit.

Although I can't see myself working as an accountant(practice).

I'm considering moving into industry, more for the money factor plus practice life is not for me.

I've been also looking into financial analyst roles.

But im not 100% sure on what they actually do.

Is there any financial analysts on here, that care to tell me more about the job and If you would recommend the career?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 salad_man

I worked as a financial analyst for over 2 years with a pharmaceutical multi-national. In my experience, the work was orientated mostly around excel and large volumes of financial data, along with accounting systems such as SAP.

For me personally, I decided it wasn't for me in the long run. Found it repetitive and at times boring, and because of the role i was in, only had exposure to one side of the business. I am now working as an accountant in another mutli-national with financial responsibilities across the business which i am happier with. Entirely depends on the role and the person.

I would expect that financial analysts across the board generally have responsibility of working with different IT systems and high volumes of financial data on a day to day basis.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Financial Analyst is about as broad a term as accountant, I've seen it used to refer to the people who do the financial analysis for buy/sell decisions in investment houses to the people in industry who provide analysis for management on projects, products, manufacturing activities or whatever.

Think more about the nature of the work you are interested in rather than titles.

Advertisement