Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An exhibition for the homeless by the homeless: Powerscourt Centre, prints for sale

• 09-05-2016 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there-

Myself and a friend are currently running a photography exhibition entitled 'The IN SIGHT Project' in Powerscourt Town Centre, South William street until 29th May.

We gave disposable cameras to 45 homeless people and asked them to take photos to capture an insight into their experiences. We're selling the pictures framed and unframed to raise money for the Dublin Simon Community! If interested in buying one please email us!

If you're in town please pop by!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Dropped in with Des on Saturday, I liked it! Good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lynsdublin

Super thanks Sam! Thanks for dropping by!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I probably won't make it into town this month but I ordered one of the pictures I fell in love with. I love the idea of the project, the results and the cause. Well done organising it and everyone involved, including tutors.

Can't wait to see my print :)

Edit:
    Funny! Only seconds after posting the above the doorbell rang and the print arrived! Ordered on Friday, arrived on Tuesday, very good print, well protected and including a background of the photographer and his thoughts on his picture. Now to get a frame and hang it on the wall.

So I hope I was not just the first to order online but the first of many :)

THANK YOU For supporting the project -

Glad you received your print, please do email us a photograph of the print in your home if/when you get it up : )

We would love to show these to our photographers -

Thank you again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I plan to get a frame at the weekend and will of course email you a picture. Meanwhile please let Tomasz know how much I love his picture and I hope his dreams come true.
    (This goes actually for everyone involved :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Anywhere online where we can see the images ? I'm thinking of those who cant get into town..
    Also what is the cost per print ?

thanks.

Hey @sunny2004 !

It won't let me post links because I am a 'new user' - but yes you can view all the images at:

theinsightproject[dot]ie

The cost of the exhibition framed pieces are €40 per A3 print and €60 for the larger size.

Or you can buy unframed copies online for €20

All profits go to the Dublin Simon Community-

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Let me help you out with the link.

http://theinsightproject.ie/

Are the unframed prints available at the exhibition ? *
    Thanks again, and keep up the good work :)

lol thanks @Sunny2004 -

We will be selling €20 unframed prints at the Powerscourt Centre this weekend (and every weekend in May) -

If anyone is in town please pop in and say hi!

If we aren't there, and when the exhibition has finished you can buy them online at the address above - and we will ship the print out to you asap.

Thanks for your interest : )

Advertisement