Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curtailment options.

Options
  • 09-05-2016 7:23am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I travel to work every morning on a cross city bus route.

Roughly one third of the time my bus ends up full rejecting passengers.

6 minutes before my bus an out of service bus leaves the terminus.

I once suggested to a driver why not use that bus. He explained that its needed at a point 5 minutes away from a point on my bus route and there is no option to run a curtailed service other than to city centre.

Is there a sensible reason that busses cannot run a curtailed service? Or is it just institutional laziness.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

probably because it'd take twice as long to get where it's actually needed and people won't look at the blinds and realise it's not going to the CC and will bitch wholesale when they're told to get off

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Is there a sensible reason that busses cannot run a curtailed service? Or is it just institutional laziness.

Everything needs NTA approval these days. Dublin Bus is in a ridiculous situation these days
    Half the time it's hands are tied by Nta red tape and when it does things right it gets punished. Look at them taking away 2 million euro from the subsidy because they made a profit one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I travel to work every morning on a cross city bus route.

Roughly one third of the time my bus ends up full rejecting passengers.

6 minutes before my bus an out of service bus leaves the terminus.

I once suggested to a driver why not use that bus. He explained that its needed at a point 5 minutes away from a point on my bus route and there is no option to run a curtailed service other than to city centre.

Could you be a bit more specific - what route is this and what does the second bus actually do?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

liger wrote: »
    Look at them taking away 2 million euro from the subsidy because they made a profit one year.

yeah i know, you really couldn't make it up could you?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement