Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unisex PE changing room in secondary schools

Options
  • 08-05-2016 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

With all the transgender and gender fluid issues effecting our young people, surely the best solution is to have just one unisex changing room for PE lessons ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Fr.O Flaherty is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 726 ✭✭✭RIGHTisRIGHT

With all the transgender and gender fluid issues effecting our young people, surly the best solution is to have just one unisex changing room for PE lessons ?

Brilliant idea I commend you.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,015 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If they could have enough disabled toilets first then decide on whatever your having yourself it would be a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭flutered

who will be the most embarresed, the guys or the gals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

Young people seem to do nothing these days in school only get changed and use the toilet. Have they no ecker to be doing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hardly! As a kid I was so self conscious I was too embarrassed to get changed in front of people my own gender.
    I think you need to take everyone's feelings into account. A
    A lot of children aren't trans or gender fluid. A lot of teens have hang ups about their body and are self conscious infront of the opposite sex.
    Their feelings aren't any less valid than someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Take down the signs that say Male and Female. Put up ones instead that say Cocks and Cunts.
    No ambiguity whatsoever. 'Problem' solved.

• Site Banned Posts: 54 ✭✭Legal Action

Dear God no.

Actually, the OP has a point.

I don't agree with unisex toilets, I don't think allowing LGBT toilets is a pressing issue even if it seems right on at the moment...but on the other hand as a democrat if that's what people want let's embrace it in all its forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Bad, bad idea. Teens are self conscious enough as it is. Not to mention having curious testosterone, hormonal teens sharing same room, changing, what could go wrong......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

I collect and bottle my gender fluid. Rather like Howard Hughes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I collect and bottle my gender fluid. Rather like Howard Hughes.

Ever be tempted to put in people's tea and try pass it off as Milk

Ever be tempted to put in people's tea and try pass it off as Milk

Well, conversly, ever ejaculate tea into a condom?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Actually, the OP has a point.

I don't agree with unisex toilets, I don't think allowing LGBT toilets is a pressing issue even if it seems right on at the moment...but on the other hand as a democrat if that's what people want let's embrace it in all its forms.

Ho Ho Ho I like it. Imagine the potential "divide by zero" errors if this was enforced everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Am I the only person who hates the words 'gender fluid'.... It just sounds so silly and weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Am I the only person who hates the words 'gender fluid'.... It just sounds so silly and weird.

I assume it's what happens when ya ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

If you have a c*ck men's for you, if you have a c*nt it's the women's end off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I assume it's what happens when ya ****?

:pac:

Anytime I hear it, it reminds me of:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

So we have the gender fluid people wanting unisex and muslims wanting total segregation..how is this going to work???

This is just unworkable.

Easy. Segregate your gender fluids. Be hygenic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

With all the transgender and gender fluid issues effecting our young people, surely the best solution is to have just one unisex changing room for PE lessons ?
    With all of the self esteem issues young people have these days, in what universe would this be a good idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

So we have the gender fluid people wanting unisex and muslims wanting total segregation..how is this going to work???

This is just unworkable.

Don't be dragging logic into these social justice debates haha.

Advertisement