Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diamond nose jewellery

Options
  • 08-05-2016 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

I am looking to buy myself a diamond nose stud! Am fed up of buying from my piercer - they are titanium with I don't know what stones in - and they do not stay sparkly for long:(

Preferably silver so not too expensive! Have googled and there are millions of them - anyone got some recommendations?Not Argos :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

You won't get what you're looking for with that attitude unfortunately. You can't get quality jewellery that will sparkle for a long time for knockdown prices especially diamonds. Like tattoos you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Go to a jewelers rather than a tattoo place or a regular shop. Diamonds will set you back a bit, but worth it as a long-term investment. I wear black diamonds set in white gold in my ear and it was a very worthwhile purchase... But mine stay in permanently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

osaurus wrote: »
    You won't get what you're looking for with that attitude unfortunately. You can't get quality jewellery that will sparkle for a long time for knockdown prices especially diamonds. Like tattoos you get what you pay for.

Sorry what attitude???? I don't want yellow gold!I didn't say I wanted cheap.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Go to a jewelers rather than a tattoo place or a regular shop. Diamonds will set you back a bit, but worth it as a long-term investment. I wear black diamonds set in white gold in my ear and it was a very worthwhile purchase... But mine stay in permanently

I have had a look in plenty of jewellers - they seem to have nostril jewellery with very thin stems.They fall out:(

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

dragona wrote: »
    Sorry what attitude???? I don't want yellow gold!I didn't say I wanted cheap.

The impression I got from your original post was that you wanted something 'not too expensive'?

I'm a fan of anatometal, you can get synthetic diamonds or legit natural ones. Venus by maria tash is also quite nice, maybe a bit too bling though. Both can be ordered off bodyartforms.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Just a question, are you putting makeup over the jewellery while it's in your nostril?

Have a look for a website called bodyartforms, they do fantastic jewellery for all piercings.

No, I take it out before I apply my makeup! The ones I have just seem to go opaque after a while - I don't necessarily want a diamond,just something that will retain the sparkle for longer than a few months. I think cubic zircons tend to dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Do not, and I'll say it again, DO NOT get silver jewellery.
    Titanium is generally used because it's doesn't react with the body, and more importantly, the body doesn't react to it.

Silver doesn't have the same compatibilities.

Lots of information here about the materials used for piercings etc...
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/about_BJS/faq/piercing_materials.cfm

Surely sterling silver is fine for well healed piercings? I've had mine for ten years and have had no problems with the silver jewellery!

I'll copy and paste it in case you didn't bother reading it:
    Sterling Silver should not be used for piercing body jewellery, but can be worn on the body as general jewellery, in the form necklaces, bracelets, pendants and rings. Silver body jewellery accessories such as clip-in ball closure ring captives are also a popular, safe choice. Silver corrodes when it comes in contact with sulphur, which your body contains and this contact forms toxic substances - Silver Salt. This is why Silver must be kept clean and polished regularly to prolong the quality

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    I'll copy and paste it in case you didn't bother reading it:

Unnecessarily rude:)

No, just trying to give advice, that you seemingly don't want to take. Why seek advice if you don't want to take it?

Advertisement