Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What style shoes to wear with this dress?

Options
  • 08-05-2016 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

I've had this dress for a few years and I've decided to give it an outing at a ball in a few weeks. Last time I wore it, I wore it with a red clutch and red peep toes, not dissimilar to how Maisie Williams is wearing it in the pic attached.

I'm planning on treating myself to a new shoes and bag and am looking for advice on colour and style. I'm thinking of ditching the belt and going for nude, or possibly hot pink to pick up on the flowers on the dress. What would suit better, sandals or shoes?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/7d/9c/e6/7d9ce6f3319c7c9e2a8bbab3d345c606.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 CassieLyons

I love that dress! It depends on the occasion. Sandals for a more casual look or pumps/strappy heel for a more formal look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Yes, agree with @CassieLyons.

(but I do like the belt on it)

Not sure about a nude shoe with such a pale dress, might be sort of colourless.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

katemarch wrote: »
    Yes, agree with @CassieLyons.

(but I do like the belt on it)

Not sure about a nude shoe with such a pale dress, might be sort of colourless.

Think you're right about the nude shoes. I tried a pair on and they did nothing for it. Yellow, pink or green at options I guess, as all three shades are in the dress.

Maybe I'll just stick with the red!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

That's a gorgeous dress!
    Agreed nude pumps would look washed out. I seen a pair of pointed toe fuchsia pink courts in Penneys at the weekend - depends on how you are with heels, they were a bit on the high side for me but the colour was great. (I've checked their website can't find a pic of them but the same shoe style as the yellow heels and the polka dot heels)

Advertisement