Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just spotted one

Options
  • 08-05-2016 3:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭

A "head" strolling along a street in Dublin wearing a Leicester football jersey with Vardy printed on the back. This heretofore rare species could become more prolific. Anyone had any sightings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

That was probably Jamie Vardy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Whats the difference between them and someone wearing a United or Liverpool jersey?

It's not like people wear them in Ireland because they were born there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Your focused on this when lots of women could be wearing very revealing or inappropriate clothing with this weather!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭luftmensch

And I'm sure when asked, he'll insist that he is a lifelong fan and has been awaiting this moment for so long :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I remember in school in the early 90s, every kid had a Liverpool pencil case. Then, one year later, most of them had changed to Man United.

So this is nothing new.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Must be great to have little to worry about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

HensVassal wrote: »
    A "head" strolling along a street in Dublin wearing a Leicester football jersey with Vardy printed on the back. This heretofore rare species could become more prolific. Anyone had any sightings?

I doubt there's a football team in England that doesn't have at least some level of Irish support.

If I was Leicester fan I'd be walking around in the full kit, shin pads included.

Enjoy your lemons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Maybe he isn't a fan but just bought the jersey for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

That was probably Jamie Vardy.

You can tell because he has his name written on his shirt.

Edit: And to be honest, I know plenty of people who are delighted for Leicester, who may even go out and buy the shirt to show their support. But it's not because they're lifelong fans, or suddenly switching allegiance for glory, but because they love football and think Leicester's success is an amazing thing to have happen to the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lyaiera wrote: »

I'd be surprised if Jamie Vardy could write his own name tbh.

• Advertisement

I'd be surprised if Jamie Vardy could write his own name tbh.

He doesn't write it, it's printed on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Don't get all the upset and hatred that follows people who jump on bandwagons, Tis has always been, from football to boxing to politicians (Obama), It does no harm does it, does it ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Must be great to have little to worry about

Must be.

Lyaiera wrote: »

Edit: And to be honest, I know plenty of people who are delighted for Leicester, who may even go out and buy the shirt to show their support. But it's not because they're lifelong fans, or suddenly switching allegiance for glory, but because they love football and think Leicester's success is an amazing thing to have happen to the sport.

In fairness if I had money down at 5000/1, I'd be cheering them on from the rooftops. :P

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It's football people. Stop taking it so seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It's football people. Stop taking it so seriously.

Some people think football is a mater of life and death. I assure you, its much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Some people think football is a mater of life and death. I assure you, its much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly.

Good God I hate that quote. It's regurgitated far too much. We get it Bill, you hadn't got much else going on in your life.

Advertisement