Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The fear

Options
  • 08-05-2016 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

The fear! The fear! The fear I am experiencing this morning is killing me.

Baby free last night and consumed way to much and got locked. Phone smashed and sore back so must have fallen.

But the worst thing was i met my neighbours in the smoking area and the absolute $hite that came out of my mouth to them, i am mortified and dunno how im going to leave the house.

I dont know why im even starting this thread. Somebody make me feel better!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

cruais wrote: »

You do realise where you've posted this, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Go online and buy blackout curtains for all windows in the house, set up online delivery from tesco or Supervalu. It's clear you can never leave the house again.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

I suffer badly from this too... however my sister puts it into perspective. You let your hair down last night, you had a good night, you deserve it, you work hard - you mind your kids 24/7 - your kids were not there. So what if you met your neighbours, they see you on a daily basis going about your business, they know you don't do this every night. Don't be ashamed-this is the fear - they will have had nights like this before, we all had and they were probably glad to see you enjoying yourself. Even if you spoke to them, they were probably all tipsy, how do you know they are not feeling the same. When the flashbacks come - say to yourself, I had a good night and I harmed nobody (but myself lol). They all have their own problems and I'm sure won't be thinking about you all day, have a rest and have a giggle about it and when the kids come back, big hugs will help you feel better and remind you that it's only them that matters. It's going to be a tough day but remember how lucky you are, you have a home and beautiful children beside you. Tomorrow is a new day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Don't forget to murder the neighbours too.

They can never let anyone know what you said to them.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Baby free last night and consumed way to much and got locked. Phone smashed and sore back so must have fallen.

But the worst thing was i met my neighbours in the smoking area and the absolute $hite that came out of my mouth to them, i am mortified and dunno how im going to leave the house.

It's generally worse than you can imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sing them a song

(To the tune of Bowie's "Starman")....There's a frog...SPAWNNNN waiting in a pond....he wants to come and meet you but his feet are not that long..yes there's a frog...SPAWNNNN waiting in a pond..one day he'll be a froggy and he'll see you in a bog..there's a frog....SPAWNNN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Yeah - get through today, and tomorrow will be a whole pile better.

You'll be grand. Lots of people have done a whole pile worse on the drink (your neighbours included I'm sure!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Did many people witness the fall is it on CCTV somewhere

Maybe it will appear on one of those clip shows or uploaded on you tube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Ronald Wilson Reagan

I got it so bad that I haven't left my presidential nuclear bunker in 12 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Did many people witness the fall is it CCTV somewhere

Maybe it will appear on one of those clip shows or uploaded on you tube

Hmmmm. Aren't you that guy who slipped over on the ice!? -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

mockingjay wrote: »
    They all have there own problems and I'm sure won't be thinking about you all day
    Very true. We tend to magnify these things way out of proportion and give it more weight than it deserves unless it's an ongoing regular occurrence. Glad I don't drink anymore so I don't have to suffer the cringefest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Solution.
    3 rashers, 3 sausages, 2 white puddin, 2 black puddin, beans, mushrooms, 2 eggs, 4 toast (with real butter), 2 big mugs of tea, pint of diluted. Close the curtains, telly on. Crisps, chocolate, more tea. Chicken Curry with rice and chips and portion of chicken balls later. Bed around 9.30pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Was out last night with the Mrs. Anyway, after boosting the froth off a few coldies, the nicotine habit got the better of us and we headed outside to feed it.

Mid smoke, I banged into me neighbour who was obviously worse for wear, and I never really spoke to properly before.

Anyways, after whinging about their broken phone, and enquiring if I knew anything about broken screens, let slip that theyre mad into swinging, likes the more mature blokes too.

Mrs Stewart is polishing me crotchless chaps and Stetson now. We got a session for tonight!

See ya later OP, code word is wallaby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Chicken Curry with rice and chips and portion of chicken balls later. Bed around

Were they last night's leftovers after the feed of drink? Cold chicken balls :eek:

Something I really don't miss. Wouldn't call it the fear, really only associated that with DTs. But did occasionally have nights where I could not remember chunks. Now was lucky in that I was a very happy drunk, invariably the worst news was that I was on the dance floor most of the night and giddy or foolish, was never nasty or morose. But wouldn't go back there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ahh. This is when you need an extra awesome gland instead of where your shame gland is. Don't worry about it. The fear kills nobody! You went out, got drunk. These things happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

The only sensible thing to do is to burn all your clothes change your name to Jose and move to Venezuela and never use any internet connected device again. I don't think there's much else you can do to save this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Well OP, I have a fair amount of stress in my life at the moment and
    I have noticed that when I drink my "fear"/hangover is too much.

I react similar to you, what did I say, where did I hide that body.
    What if I told someone I once watched twilight oh the shame, oh the utter shame.

but Don't be too hard on yourself! Its likely just a bit of stress or madness washing out with the booze :D

Now its back to the Tea for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lurkio

Unless you're examining gouges on your knuckles, various bruises about your person and picking stained glass out your hair, you've nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭zSparc

Somebody make me feel better!
    Take it as a lesson and don't drink at all or drink in moderation (if you can). Unless you feel it's well worth getting the fear...

• Advertisement

Back on the horse op, get a fry into you and down to the local for some Sunday afternoon cure pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Sorry to hear. At least you didn't take to social media and post some dark sexual things to people.

What did you say to your neighbour? (It's not funny i know but We could do with a laugh)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Back on the horse op, get a fry into you and down to the local for some Sunday afternoon cure pints.

I don't think heroin would be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Are you allowed ride a horse drunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

But did occasionally have nights where I could not remember chunks.

Until you look at your shoes

:(

Suas11 wrote: »
    I don't think heroin would be a good idea.

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

When I used to get the fear the next day, I usually blamed everyone else and convinced myself I did nothing wrong and everyone else was a weirdo, it worked for me for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭Heckler

Horse is slang for heroin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

???

Heroin is also known as horse, though I haven't heard it called that in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭Heckler

zSparc wrote: »
    Take it as a lesson and don't drink at all or drink in moderation (if you can). Unless you feel it's well worth getting the fear...

Thanks for the advice. We'll all stop in and have some dry toast.

Advertisement