Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Glamping, does anybody know?

Options
  • 08-05-2016 8:26am

Closest I can work out from this morning's news is that it's living in abandoned taxis? Why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It's camping for sissies.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

Glamorous camping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Glamorous clamping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Glamping is paying slightly less than hotel prices to stay in a cramped strangely shaped shed or tent, probably in an area which you would not otherwise have heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Advertisement

It's when members of a particular community glamping with their lurchers late at night on private property to get the makings of a rabbit stew to feed the poor childer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It's camping for lamps but spelt with a 'g'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

It's camping in glitter. Gets everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

There was a piece on the RTE news last night featuring a chap who runs a glamping site in Sligo, and the main attraction/accommodation is a decomissioned Boeing 747 (without wings)! he also has atleast one London double decker & multiple old London Taxis bus on his glamping site :)

Sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭valoren

A portmanteau.

And it's hipsterrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

LordSutch wrote: »
    There was a piece on the RTE news last night featuring a chap who runs a glamping site in Sligo, and the main attraction/accommodation is a decomissioned Boeing 747 (without wings)! he also has atleast one London double decker & multiple old London Taxis bus on his glamping site :)

Sounds great.

Why not try Leitrim - plenty of old planes and buses here http://www.cavanandleitrim.com/ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Glamping is what toddlers say happens to your car if you've no parking ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

Camping with comfort. Seems to be taking off. Great idea imo. Tourism could do with the boost. A tad overpriced at the minute though which defeats the purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Glamping is what toddlers say happens to your car if you've no parking ticket.

this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Glamping.... boutique camping.... Gluten-free, organic, locally-sourced, hand-crafted, artisan, fair trade, instagram camping.

This all points to camping's looming hipness saturation point. Roll up for butterfly embroidered bed rolls.

The vagrancy of fashion stimulates the inevitable flux but true campers are aware and remain staid like a correctly pitched Vango Sabre 300 in the Comeraghs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's camping but not having to sleep on cold ground giving yourself a kidney infection. You get a real bed.
    That said, I'd still rather stay in a hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

LordSutch wrote:
    There was a piece on the RTE news last night featuring a chap who runs a glamping site in Sligo, and the main attraction/accommodation is a decomissioned Boeing 747 (without wings)! he also has atleast one London double decker & multiple old London Taxis bus on his glamping site

767, acksherly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭skinny90

It's camping, Jim, but not as we know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

My first girlfriend was a clamper.

Use to clamp her knees together every time we were alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Why not try Leitrim - plenty of old planes and buses here http://www.cavanandleitrim.com/ :D

Are you sure you don't mean 'Leirtrim'?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

rich native americans innit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Del.Monte wrote: »

I didn't know Leitrim bordered Cavan and agreed to share the cost of their tourism marketing efforts.

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    I didn't know Leitrim bordered Cavan and agreed to share the cost of their tourism marketing efforts.

It does and they should.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Heard about this the other day, all I could think was: "Why?"

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Site Banned Posts: 54 ✭✭Legal Action

Seems pretty stupid to me. Why not just stay in a hotel or B&B?

Where's your sense of adventure?

Or at home under the bed, but watch out for creepie crawlies. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A hipsters idea of risk taking.

Advertisement